Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Importing, Managing and Delivering Courses Using IMS Specifications out for Testing!

Hi Ernie,

I am testing LORS with our course editor. You can see a working example here:

http://mlweg.pc.ee.usyd.edu.au:8081/dotlrn/classes/electricalandinformationengineering/ebus3001/ebus3001/lorsm/delivery/?man%5fid=3606

The editor requires no html knowledge at all. The user is still able to enter html tags though. All pages are rendered using templates and styles. Right now we support
only one style. But we will add a print style and 1-2 other
styles the user can select from. Optionally the user can
customize the css file and the templates.

At present we support html and SCORM 1.2. Until summer we
will also try to support Word, Docbook, PDF, and flash. I will try to start an undergraduate project for that purpose. Is the WEG interested in that?

We have already started implementing SCORM 1.3 SN. It will get finished in December though.

We expect our quizz engine to finish wihtin the next two weeks. It is an applet that interacts beween user and LMS and generates dynamic content depending on user entry. This
way we can serve user specific pages. The quizz engine will
pass the user entry to the LMS via SCORM RTE.

By-the-way, the editor is written in Java. Right now we are busy to port it to Eclipse. Can't tell when this part is finished. It showed are pretty difficult to use the persistence managers of Eclipse. But we are still working on that.

I will send you a beta version of the Editor as soon as we have included our quizz engine and I have uploaded a fully working course to your test server.

Greetings,
Nima

P.S.: I looked at the tracking info you have implemented. Will it be possible to see tracking info on page level?