Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: .LRN administrators group UI

Collapse
Posted by Deirdre Kane on
Roc,

I'm having trouble visualizing these changes and understanding the need that they are addressing for you.  And i am not sure that this is a need for Sloan and i want to understand how this new stuff will be useful to us.  Can you tell me, (again, I think i forgot), what a dotlrn-admin will be able to do/what pages will they be able to access versus a site wide admin?  For example, when you say they will have admin privilege for a dotlrn package, does that mean that they would have privileges on file storage for all classes or just certain classes?  This is not as useful to me as, say, giving a user or users admin rights over file storage within a particular class so that they can upload files without having control over calendar.

I think this new group should have a new group name, like dotlrn-admins and my first reaction is to say no to removing the site wide admin link from each /dotlrn/admin/users page.  And, another question: will the /dotlrn/admin/users page for each user show who is a dotlrn-admin and who is not? I think yes, but want to me sure.  I would also think that it would make sense to allow access to both the dotlrn-admin group and the swa group (for administration of those groups) from the same place: /dotlrn/admin page.  Right now, I have to go into the site map to find out who is a site wide admin.