Forum OpenACS Q&A: Jabber package and debian

Collapse
11: Jabber package and debian (response to 1)
Posted by Orzenil Silva Junior on
Hello,

I just put jabber package to work on postgresql this weekend. Great! Finally I have webstart applet working and I could registrate users with jb_register_aprove but I made some changes in jabber-procs.tcl and jabber-procs-postgresql.xql to get it really working.

Well, I'm thinking about providing modified debian jabber packages including mod_acs - and modified jabber.xml at install time of course - and  create new package maybe jabber-conference for conference distributed in *c* directory from jabber package. Maybe we could do the same with aolserver4 debian package including an aolserver4-nsjabber package. Anybody interested? Does anybody contact jabber and aolserver4 debian maintainers about this issue?

I checked there is a problem in debian woody repository (stable). I checked there is no jabber-aim, jabber-yahoo ... debian packages for woody - just sarge/sid - so I think it would be good if we had  this packages backported to woody. People feel more secure running stable release in servers.

Does anybody have a tutorial or howto about backporting debian packages? I checked debianplanet and backports.org and didn't find anything.

Thanks for your great work Malte, Bjorn and others.