Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Jabber to-do

Collapse
19: Re: Jabber to-do (response to 1)
Posted by Bjoern Kiesbye on
Hi,

the tarball with all fixes (and Martins jabber-drop.sql) is inside the file storage

The nsjabber tarball is inside the jabber/c dir, I did put the utils-extra.tcl inside the top-level dir, but I think Martins suggestion might be better (tcl_to_oracle_list should only be called once from inside jabber/www/index.tcl).

The package should now work with the newest oacs templating system (conference won't break).

The new Greenthumb Applet is included as well, but it doesn't work jet, it is split up into 2 .jar files (core and skin) and it seems that the core jar (E4-neu.jar) can not load the skin.jar (probably because it doesn't send a cookie with it's request). You can try to put the .jar files inside your server0/www dir and download them from that dir, but server0/www is usually disabled.

Does anyone know if (and how) public access (no cookies required) can be granted to a subdir of a packages www directory ?

Their is a jabber-portlet and dotlrn-jabber package (for .LRN) for Oracle but not for postgres (jet).

Hi Martin,
I'm sorry for letting you wait for a response again.

Did you start with the use of namespaces inside the jabber-procs.tcl ?
If you make a list like

jb_old_proc  jabber::util:new_proc

we can let a script replacing all old_proc_names with the new ones, (I have written a script which almost fit that need for the KNOPPIX cd, changing it will be easy).
This way it doesn't matter if the package changes meanwhile.

Collapse
20: Re: Jabber to-do (response to 19)
Posted by martin hebrank on
I have started with it. But I have not yet worked at all on converting. For the particular application that started this, I need to move many of the things that are currently done in web pages into tcl procs that can be called from elsewhere. Which is the part I'm working on.

Additionally, at the moment I don't need any of the conferencin procs. While I have written the namespace eval for the conferencing:

# jabber::conference - All the procs for conference control.
        #  stuff that accesses jb_conferences_*
        namespace eval conference {}

I have not started any of the conversion of the old procs to the namespace.

By monday sometime I should have procs for such things as creating new jabber users (jabber::user::new & jabber::user::register), listing friends (jabber::user::friend::list) and adding/deleting friends (jabber::user::friend::add/delete).

** Martin