Forum OpenACS Q&A: file-storage file upload error

Collapse
Posted by Nitish Bezzala on
Hi,

I have just installed the OpenACS core 5.11 and the file-storage package which is distributed with openACS 4.6.1.
When I try to upload a file I get the error pasted below.
I believe that the file_storage__new_file function is calling content_items__new which is missing. If this is right, please let me know where I can get it from ? Or is something else the problem ?

[19/Jul/2004:17:14:57][4355.1098860992][-conn:test::4] Error: Aborting transaction due to error:
Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")

ERROR:  Function acs_object__update_last_modified(integer) does not exist
        Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument types
        You may need to add explicit typecasts

SQL:
      select file_storage__new_file (
                't6',                  -- title
                '542',                  -- parent_id
                '446',                  -- creation_user
                '192.168.10.21',                -- creation_ip
                true                    -- indb_p
                );

[19/Jul/2004:17:14:57][4355.1098860992][-conn:test::4] Warning: propagating abortion from /var/lib/aolserver/test/packages/file-storage/www/file-add-2.tcl (status 200): 'Problem with Your Input')

Thanks,
Nitish

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
The error message you posted indicates that the function that is missing is "acs_object__update_last_modified(integer)".

You really should not mix versions of packages. The version of file storage that is compatible with OpenACS 5.1.1 is file storage 5.1.0.

There is a development version of file-storage tagged as openacs-5-1-compat, but it is not finished yet.