Forum OpenACS Q&A: running two OpenACS sites via nsvhr and one has problems..

I have been running my non-tech site under OpenACS 3.4.2 and was looking to add ACS backing to my tech site (www.starboundtech.com).  I am runnning PostgreSQL 7.1 , OpenACS 3.4.2 and AOLserver 3.3.1 on a linux box (kernel 2.4.3, 780MB RAM, dual processor) and it doesnt seem to mind the load.  I set up the virtual servers using nssocks/nsvhr as recommended and created a new database for starbound and installed a new copy of OpenACS.  The existing site (www.nightsail.com) comes up fine in ACS, but starboundtech.com doesnt always get past the index page (which is rendered as ADP correctly). I am running 3 instances of AOLserver, master(port 80), nightsail(port 8080) and starbound(port 8081) with the master directing traffic to 8080 or 8081 as required.
<p>
I am puzzled as I cant find any errors in the log, but it just doesnt work sometimes.  I should add I go through a gateway linux box and redirect all three ports (80,8080,8081) to the webserver
<p>
any thoughts are appreciated
<p>
Also for those considering moving to 7.1, be aware that a lot of the Outerjoin hacks in 3.4.2 break in 7.1, specifically the last "order by" statement. I have been commenting those out to get the pages working for the moment