Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: SQL-Modelling Costs and Invoices

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi folks.

What if we would use logger as a kind of financial logbook. Anybody, without accounting knowledge, could log transaction details (we might need some additional (free format)input fields and the categories module, in the default logger entry page) in a matter of seconds, and it's already project specific. Logger allows for cvs export so that could be used to tie into SL. Or am I missing something?

I am trying to create a dead simple administration package for small business owners where 3rd party admin folks would take care of the "heavy" stuff, but the small business owner takes care of the input of stupid details, and create a birds eye view of his/her financial status. Some of the basic logger features already cover this.

As far as security, I remember Quickbooks used to a have a web interface that allowed you to upload financial info into your dedicated stand alone quick book installation, so I can't imagine that can be to complicated to set up.
That leaves us with one, but critical issue to solve; invoicing. I assume we could use CSS to create (default) invoicing templates. Personaly I feel the problem is not the accounting specific issues, at least in my admin for dumies model, but the ease of logging transactions for further prossessing that ought to be the focus, so this idea maybe oversimplyfying the concept Frank has in mind.

Just a thought

Cheers
Ben

P.s I am negoting funding for the project with  http://www.bom.nl/uk/index.html and am looking for a developper to build the concept. The goal is to use OACS as a hosted application businesstarter kit, providing Businessplanner software, corporate website, and admin centre. I have set a target for 150 - 200 startup businesses annualy, subsidized by the Dutch governement, Users pay a monthly fee for the infrastructure. Project is part of my involvement of http://www.seniorstart.org/showdocument.php?id=97&PHPSESSID=74fdd29c554ee585647bbe111ab1181che

Right now I lack insight into the financial inmplications to transform OACS in such a scenario, so any creative ideas are welcome. If you like to paticipate in the development, let me know.