Forum OpenACS Development: what lump can I sign up for...

Collapse
Posted by Roger Williams on
Hello Don:

I see how much you look at this forum, so I will just put my OpenACS goals here.

1. I have Oracle. I would rather use Oracle (I know, it sounds stupid!). I have installed and used 8.1.6 lots of times and I am pretty familiar with it. I have not tried 8.1.7 yet, but I do want to try it out soon. I could start by installing the core of OA 4.x.

2. I do not know a specific number of hours per week yet. I am pretty busy all of the time with my job, a volunteer center where I am helping them with ACS and my other interests. But I am pretty technical, and working on this has synergy with my other tasks.

3. After the 3rd week of May, it could be 10 hours (with some overlap with other ACS-related effort). If we made a schedule, even a tentative one, I could more easily specify which components/dates I would try to make. From looking at the component list, I am interested in faq, portal and one of the ticket-tracker items (probably lite). Of course, being interested and signing up for a date are two different things. At the end of next week, I will try to install OA and Oracle to get started.

4. I have installed, used and done cursory customization of ACS3Tcl and ACS4Tcl. I have not run any of these in a big site yet. Also, I have never written an ACS package of my own, or made changes to its internal architecture (although I do not consider any of that beyond my skill/background).

Regards..Roger