Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to OpenACES

Collapse
7: Response to OpenACES (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
Hello Al,

from over here (Germany/Switzerland) you got your support and definitve interest. My students in Hamburg will start with ACES 2.0 end of May, using it for the Business department of our university, while fixing some bugs.

The University of applied science in Basles (Switzerland) is investigating in using ACES for their needs, but are a little bit frustrated about some bugs (which I hopefully can fix 😉. If this works out they want to spread their experience with the system to the rest of northeast switzerland (though they are fighting against a lotus notes based solution).

Taking in account that multilinguality is supported more strongly with an ACS 4.x based design, we'd love to work with an OpenACS 4.x education package. Furthermore we'd contribute our experience concerning different structures in other countries' universities as well as different language and localization (e.g., calendar needs to be rewritten, as the format is different in different countries).

Hopefully David K. and his crew can collaborate with us on that front.

As a sidenote, I'm giving some lectures concerning KM Systems. I'd love to see some of the requirements enabled in OpenACS 4.x and working together with the education package. Will translate my material to english if there is interest.