Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to OpenACES

Collapse
13: Response to OpenACES (response to 1)
Posted by Rocael Hernández Rizzardini on
Hi all!
well, we are currently working a lot with the ACES, I see that it has a brilliant future.
At Viaro.net we will be very happy to work with all the interested people in the porting of ACES3.4 to postgres, and then porting it to OPENACS 4.x. if its necessary (Caroline says that is just about configuration).
I agree pretty much with what Caroline says about all the things that you can do with the ACES, not just for education, because its the best way to see (at least for us) all the power of the ACS in a portal system.

Peter, there is a way to check it out your version of ACES by the internet (we can't go personally there), and is your code open source? ;)

Caroline, the new wimpy point will be open source?

Malte, please translate your material!, also, we just started working in a desing of a tool to translate the ACES to spanish, but it should work with whatever language. So we need to get organized around this.

Michael, I'm agree with you, it will be neccesary to have a community of educators (bboard), the real people who can test it! And like you said, there is a lot of real inmediate potencial markets, we have been doing some marketing on ACES for real work, so we can share our experience with the community.

I would like to ask something else to the community:

As you can see, the ACES is a very important tool, so wich should be the first step to get organized in the development of new open source features for the ACES and the porting to postgres?
at least a forum for the begining...
Don, I would like to hear your answer...

My suggestions is not wait for ACS 4.x, as Caroline said, ACES now its a real complete tool for today use!

bye,