Forum OpenACS Development: Response to IM or IRC

Collapse
4: Response to IM or IRC (response to 1)
Posted by Pascal Scheffers on
Okay, it appears that I am repeating efforts started last year. See this thread.

Gregory McMullan has registered this channel with ChanServ. I am there now, with the assumption that he is friendly (you have OpenACS user id #7 after all) so he can make others & the bot channel-op. If others join me I will be there whenever I am online (read: pretty often).

I will setup an IRCbot to keep the channel open, but the services on openprojects.org include NickServ and ChanServ, so it doesn't need to do much other than keep a log. I will try to create/install a searchable web interface for that if there is interest in that.

I hope people will join me there. Here is some connect info:

All servers use IRC the default port (6667), the main server is irc.openprojects.net. This will, in true IRC style connect, you to a random server, which is probably not what you want - choose one of these regional servers:

• Europe: eu.opirc.nu (7 servers)
  • Ustated Nites: us.opirc.nu (10 servers)
  • DownUnder: au.opirc.nu (4 servers)
  • Blame Canada: ca.opirc.nu (1 server)
Go to http://www.irc.org/links.html for a client. If you have trouble with IRC, contact me on AIM or email, my AIM-id is ppassccall - and I'll help you get going.

See you there :)