Forum OpenACS Q&A: openacs.org upgrade status
- Install PostgreSQL 7.2.5 on my computer (in /usr/local/pg-7.2.4)
- Install intarray support for PG 7.2.5
- Install PG 7.4.5
- Install intarray support for PG 7.4.5
- Dump the openacs.org database (on angora): /usr/local/pgsql-7.2.4/bin/pg_dump -f /web/openacs.org/openacs.org-2004-09-28.dmp -p 5724
- Copy the upgrade.sh script (/web/upgrade-oo-5/etc/upgrade.sh) and the .dmp file to my machine.
- Make a fresh checkout of oacs-5-1
- Make changes to upgrade.sh to reflect my setup of files
- Start screen (my internet connection is reset every 24 hours...)
- sh upgrade.sh 2>&1 >upgrade.log
- detach screen
If someone has the time to at least port irc-logger and viewcvs from the current code of openacs.org to be suiteable for and useable in OpenACS 5.1, that would be great.
jcdldn: +viewcvs has no datamodel and irc-logger is in contrib
I guess we are set then :)
The bad news: Forums takes *AGES* to upgrade. And bug-tracker does not upgrade well due to problems with workflow, but I will dig into this once forums has been finished.
Do not run:
bug-tracker/(all upgrade.sql). Run them manually after the upgrade. Make sure to use the same user that is the owner of the site.
It seems that the site is already running on 4.6.2 though noone told the packages this :).
Furthermore, it is wise to run all SQL scripts for forums starting with the second and doing the first one last. I actually added the other upgrade scripts manually to the first one, so it (hopefully) speeds up a little bit.
Run the upgrade.sh.
Copy zzz-upgrade.tcl to /tcl
Start the server.
Restart the server.
got to /acs-admin/apm/packages/install.
Select *all* upgrades and workflow. *SKIP* bug-tracker.
When you come to select the SQL files, skip the following:
fs everything <4.6.2
install (should run smoothly)
restart the server
install the bug-tracker upgrade
unselect all data-model scripts and upgrade.
run bug-tracker.sql (special file)
restart the server
realize bug-tracker does not work 😟.
You can check it out at http://sussdorff.dyndns.org:8000
In a first step I commented out #oacs_set_login_vars in /www/templates/general-master so you can check out the master template as it is supposed to be at samoyed.
A couple of things are still missing:
- Forums pagination
- Full Text Search
Especially for performance the developer support is still working, so feel free to make use of it, though don't expect the nice toolbar due to the fact that I did not mix the master templates.
Please take a look at the site and provide feedback, as I'd like to upgrade soon so to avoid Andrew et.al. to chase after queries that bring down openacs.org if we know we will upgrade very soon now (TM).