Forum .LRN Q&A: Upgrading from .LRN 1.0 - what are the issues?

I could swear that I remember seeing people posting lists of steps they had to go through to get their sites updated, but of course now that I'm looking I can't find any of them...

I have a very lightly modified .LRN 1.0 Oracle-based site to upgrade to something more modern, probably a 2.1 alpha release.  Are there any major pitfalls to watch out for?

Thanks in advance!

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Hmm... has no-one attempted this upgrade?  Or did it just go so smoothly you have nothing to report?
sloan just did that upgrade, isn't it?
Collapse
Posted by Tracy Adams on
Sloan did the Oracle one and we put in fixed all the upgrade issues and put them back.

What about Postgres?

Collapse
Posted by Janine Ohmer on
Roc, you're right, Sloan just did it.  But we had a lot of local modifications to deal with, so it wasn't a very clean merge.  I was hoping to hear from someone who had done a more "plain vanilla" upgrade to get an idea of how much effort it was going to take.

Mainly I was asking becuase I thought I remembered seeing several people posting lists of extra steps they had to take to make their upgrade work, and I wanted to find out what I was getting into.  Maybe I was imagining things, or the problems have been solved since.

Collapse
Posted by Andrew Grumet on
These notes are pretty Oracle-specific but checkout the gotchas near the bottom:

http://grumet.net/writing/programmer/openacs/sloan-upgrade