Forum OpenACS Q&A: Writing a lecture about my OpenACS development environment

In addition to a lecture on workflow, Rafael Calvo has asked me to present a lecture about my OpenACS development environment for his students:

[snip]
also maybe run a demo of your design (data modelling) and coding strategies (debuging, tcl editor) etc.

show how you would write a simple openacs application (i.e. notes) and what tools you would use.
[snip]

I was thinking of starting with how to create a module in APM, import it into a cvs repository (and create one if required).

Following with deciding what support packages to use, designing the object/data model (This will be quick - they can see my existing lecture on this and the OpenACS documentation for more info)

Then I was thinking of showing an edit/test cycle in emacs - including Bart's oacs.el, tailing the error_log etc. making use of emacs buffers.

Does anyone have any suggestions or writings (I'll be heading over to Jade's repository now...)?

Mark this is great. Please consider converting some of your notes to docbook after you are done -- this would be a great addition to the docs (I've written up an FAQ answer that shows how to contribute to documentations easily).

I've also written up documentation on adding your package to CVS, but it hasn't been put on the openacs.org site yet. Joel or Jeff will need to regenerate the docs for them to show up.

Will there be a script for you lectures or only slides?
I'll see if I can get a transcript - I tend to be fairly free form in my lecturing, using the slides to keep me on-topic and on time.
FYI: My various bits of lecture material and links are here:

https://pumptheory.com/collaboration/open-acs/lectures/