Forum OpenACS Development: Is templating broken?

Collapse
Posted by hafeez bana on
G'Day,

I have set openacs4 (acs-core only) several times and tried to install the notes application as a starter. However whenever I try to add new notes (the index page loads up fine) a whole lot of garbage gets output to the screen (it looks like tcl script that is the result of a translation from the custom adp tags).

I contacted Vinod who is porting the application and it seems to be working fine for him

I have tried re-installing everything from scratch and getting the latest stuff from CVS to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? The acs core templating docs come with samples and some of those are failing for me (same garbage). Here is one example

"doc/acs-templating/demo/select"
(basically a lot of the code under "Using the forms manager" in the demoes fails for me

Is it working for anyone else? I have tried looking at the templating code and it consistently happens when the adp contains a and the form has a few input elements. The error log complains of unbalanced if and else tags

It would be nice to have a reference implementation of openacs4 up that one could compare with.

Cheers, Hafeez

Collapse
Posted by Dan Wickstrom on
Do you have the fancy adp parser enabled? If not add the following in your nsd.tcl file:

ns_section "ns/server/${server}/adp" 
ns_param   map           "/*.adp"  ;# Extensions to parse as ADP's 
ns_param   DefaultParser fancy
Collapse
Posted by hafeez bana on
Yep,

openACS 4.0 installs warns of this before you start. Templates are working - just the particular situations I mentioned above don't.

Collapse
Do you get any type of error message in the log file when you see the garbage on the screen?
Collapse
Posted by hafeez bana on
This is the output from the log. When I access the add-edit page for the notes application.
[15/May/2001:00:22:45][22619.4101][-conn0-] Notice: REFERENCE****************
[15/May/2001:00:22:45][22619.4101][-conn0-] Warning: adpfancy: unterminated registered
 tag 'else'
[15/May/2001:00:22:45][22619.4101][-conn0-] Warning: adpfancy: unterminated registered
 tag 'if'
 tag 'if'
 tag 'else'
 tag 'if'
 tag 'if'
I have just reinstalled everything again. Still no go. The only difference I can see is see is the aolserver version - I am using 3.0. I am too tired though and it's late - will try upgrading to version described in the guide (I think 3.2) tommorow.

Just to confirm - you followed the steps as outlined in Vinods guide and everything is working fine?

Thanks for your help, Cheers, Hafeez

Collapse
Using 3.0 is probably your problem.  The recommended version is aD's 3.2+ad12 version which you can download from aD.
Collapse
Posted by hafeez bana on
Yep,

Upgrading to Aolserver 3.2 ad12 worked! To everyone who has been working on the openACS4 port so far. It looks *great*.

Cheers,
Hafeez