Forum OpenACS Development: registered user required to view a portal page?

Hi,

I am using Don's revised portal package.  It seems it requires the user to login to view a portal page?  The portal is configured not to have a portal for each user.

Is this by design?  I guess normally you would want each user to have his/her own portal.  But its possible to have portal shared across different users right?  I tried grepping through the portal code, I am still trying to find the call that requires the registered user.  I would appreciate if someone can point me to the right direction.  Thanks.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
That is not intentional, I'll try to look at it soon.  I'm probably calling the wrong proc to get the user id or something like that, now that we have trusted user id vs. non-trusted etc etc.

It is still hawk migration season, I'm planning to be out in the field part of next week, so if you want to track down where the login request is being triggered, feel free to do so.

Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Ok Don, I will try to track down where its being called.  Its nice to know that it was not intentional, so I won't be going into a wild chase.  Thanks.
Collapse
Posted by Jun Yamog on
Hi Don,

False alarm.  Apparently Deds modified our portal code to require login.  Thanks.