Forum OpenACS Development: Plans for project-manager 2.5

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Since project manager now has a couple of people hacking on it, I thought I'd give some heads up before I code in the next set of features.

Here are my plans for the next few weeks with project-manager, subject to change of course:

* Khy Huang has been adding in Oracle support. I'd like to get this committed and in the code-base.

* I'm going to rewrite the task-add-edit and task-assignee-add-edit page to reduce it down to one page.

* I'm doing a lot of work on Processes. I'm going to streamline how they work, and keep track of the process with which a task is created. I'll also change the notifications that are sent out with Processes. Mostly, I'm trying to improve the UI.

Going forward, I'd like to ensure that we start moving SQL queries to .xql files, so that the Oracle part is kept in sync. We'll also need to coordinate the work we're doing more to make sure we don't step on each other's fingers.

Collapse
Posted by Randy O'Meara on
Jade,

I just want to take this opportunity to thank your for your excellent example of how to create and refine a quality product. You are leading by example, and I am thankful.

Randy

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
At one point I will make this package international. I will announce this a day early so anyone can commit. But this only makes sense if the developers agree, that once this effort is done, they will not make use of non internationalized terms to safe some time.
Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I'm willing to make sure things are internationalized correctly going forward. I haven't done it much before, so there may be some code to change, etc...