Forum OpenACS Development: Response to Portals roadmap proposal

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
I spent a little time digging into the code, and it does support "theming" of portal elements (what ACES/3.4 calls portlets).  There appears to be inheritance of themes and the ability to set portal-wide  defaults.

I haven't looked to see how much you can do with each theme, but it seems that you can provide a template so that would mean just about anything your heart desires.

There are a variety of datasources available, Tcl, ADP, and PL/SQL - this needs to be generalized, if there's not existing code that depends on that name can we change it to be database-diagnostic, i.e. "stored function" is the SQL92 generic phrase.  It needn't be in any particular language in PG (i.e. calls for PL/Tcl, PL/pgSQL, PL/Python etc all look the same).  That's true of Oracle, too, isn't it?  Or doesn't Oracle support stored SQL functions as well as PL/SQL ones?

Whatever, if you've got time Luke it would be nice if you'd get rid of that PL/SQL naming for functions...

One datasource type is "raw" which gives the "container wrapping HTML"  static case Michael discusses.