Forum OpenACS Q&A: get redirected after setup of new domain...

I just got our new domain: MyNewDomain.com (suse6.4)

I inserted the following lines in /etc/hosts:

MyOldIpAddress     MyNewDomain.com       MyNewPrettyName

I changed /home/aolserver/nsd.tcl:

set hostname www.MyNewDomain.com
set address  MyOldIpAddress

As I wanted to login into the system I got redirected to /register/index.tcl...

Everybody else that is testing the systems gets redirected now too.

Any ideas?

If you mean, 'everybody gets redirected *once* to /register/index.tcl'
then that is expected behaviour. The cookies that maintain login info
are domainname bound (all cookies are), browsers will not send them to
your new domain. Everybody will have to login again, but only once.
Collapse
Posted by David Kuczek on
No,

everybody is getting redirected all the time, not only once. I just cannot log in anymore...

Collapse
Posted by David Kuczek on
Juuuhu,

got it. I messed around with the layout and probably deleted something, that I should have had...

I just copied the original index.tcl and /register on my platform and it works again. 😊

Collapse
Posted by Ryan Gallimore on
I also changed my domain and and now any root access redirects everyone into an infinite loop:

intranet.campus-coop.org =>

Error: Redirection limit exceeded for this URL.

I can access pages that don't require a login like:
intranet.campus-coop.org/news/

but I cannot get onto /register, can't see the login screen.

It looks like I'm looping back onto /register infinitely for some reason. I get the same behaviour on different browsers and platforms without a cookie pre-installed.

I've made all the necessary changes to my config.tcl file with regard to host changes, I can serve up pages that don't require authentication, I changed my cookie name, set ForceHostP=0, and reset my SystemURL to the current URL.

Trying to access /register/index.adp logs the following error:

Error: bad option "recursion_count": must be authpassword, authuser, close, content, contentlength, copy, driver, encoding, files, fileoffset, filelength, fileheaders, flags, form, headers, host, id, isconnected, location, method, outputheaders, peeraddr, peerport, port, protocol, query, request, server, sock, start, status, url, urlc, urlencoding, urlv, version, or write_encoded
bad option "recursion_count": must be authpassword, authuser, close, content, contentlength, copy, driver, encoding, files, fileoffset, filelength, fileheaders, flags, form, headers, host, id, isconnected, location, method, outputheaders, peeraddr, peerport, port, protocol, query, request, server, sock, start, status, url, urlc, urlencoding, urlv, version, or write_encoded
while executing
"ns_conn $var"
("default" arm line 2)
invoked from within
"switch $var {

I am at a total loss and can't see why this is happening!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Collapse
Posted by Dirk Gomez on
Ryan, add your old hostname to your local and to your server's /etc/hosts file. The redirect will work then.

From there change the acs-kernel etc parameter settings.

Collapse
Posted by Ryan Gallimore on
Tried reverting back to old hosts... still not working. Can anyone explain what is happening here with the redirects? Why can't I get a login screen?

Thanks.

Collapse
Posted by Cathy Sarisky on
I'd guess you've made an error in setting up permissions. Specifically, you've revoked 'read' permissions for 'The Public' for the pageroot. Since /register inherits from /, unregistered users get directed to /register, which they don't have permission to read, so they get directed to /register, which.... (you get the idea).

The fix is in the faq: https://openacs.org/faq/one-faq?faq_id=130897#141496