Forum OpenACS Q&A: Upload attachemnts with comments broken?

The file /www/comments/upload-attachemnt.tcl has a "ns_ora
blob_dml_file ..." on line 92 that breaks the code. I use 3.2.4, but i
just looked at 3.2.5 in the CVS, and that ns_ora is there too. What i
do? I'm inclined to just commenting the functionality out, but can it
be saved?

Saludos,

Jorge

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
It shouldn't be hard to fix (it is a bug, indeed).  Grep for "ns_pg" and you'll find some blob examples in the source to copy, if you want to try to write a patch yourself.

Either way, report this in the SDM please, and if you build a patch submit it to the SDM, too.

Collapse
Posted by Anton Bajri on
Ouch. I just looked in the SDM and that is there already. It references an older thread.
In the thread, the patch is reported as submitted in Feb. 19... by Don Baccus! :)

Saludos,

Jorge
Collapse
Posted by Ola Hansson on
The changes committed by Mr. Baccus was done to /general-comments and not /comments.

Is /comments only old legacy cruft or is it being used?

Collapse
Posted by Anton Bajri on
Uh oh. The /tcl/ad_html.tcl refers to www/comments all the time (in 3.2.5 also). I'm lost. The worst-scenario for me is ad_html is old/broken and i've been translating the wrong directory. :(
Anyway, i looked in the CVS and i see that ns_ora in both /comments and /general-comments.

Salduos,

Xopxe

Collapse
Posted by Anton Bajri on
After leaving it in the back burner, looked at this again, and the thing is: /comments is for static htmls, and /general-comments is for database driven modules. I'll try the fix the ns_ora thing, someday :)

Saludos,

Jorge