Forum .LRN Q&A: Error deleting an user

Collapse
Posted by Santiago Fernández on
When I try to delete an user I get the following error. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I´ve trying to install dotlrn into Centos 5, aolserver 4.0.10 and postgres sql 8.2

thanks in advance

"Database update failed with the following error:

Transaction aborted: Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")

ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

SQL:
select 1 from dual
where exists
( select 1
from acs_object_party_privilege_map ppm
where ppm.object_id = '-1' and ppm.party_id = '568' and ppm.privilege = 'admin' )"

Collapse
2: Re: Error deleting an user (response to 1)
Posted by Santiago Fernández on
Step by step:

1.- login into dotlrn with a user with permission of superadministrator.
2.- I click on option "users" on dotlrn toolbar
3.- Select the user that I want to delete (ban access to the dotlrn system)
4.- I click on "delete"
5.- Appears the error

Collapse
3: Re: Error deleting an user (response to 1)
Posted by Jim Lynch on
watch your error.log while you try to delete a user. chances are you'll find the reason. Having said that, looks like it has something to do with figuring out whether you have permission to do it. one of your first questions should be: who is party whose id is 568?

also if you're using a newer postgres driver, the error messages can be made to be more informative if you go into the service config file and set the var debug to true; this should be well documented. (If you look at the database pool definitiions, you should see ns_param verbose $debug)