Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS/dotLRN social in Sydney - Nov 19th
We will have a OpenACS/dotLRN social on the 19th Nov.
Venue: WEG meeting room, level 1 Link Engineering Bldg, University o Sydney.
If you are coming, please send an email to Rafael or call +61 2 9351 8171.
If you are presenting (or would like to be added to the list of presentations) please bring laptop or send slides to Rafael
2 pm start
2-4pm Introductions and technical presentations from each technical project we are working on.
- Nick: OpenACS and web services
- Rusell: Image banks
- Mark: workflows(?)
- Bruno: Experiences with scalability in GP (?)
- Rafa: OAK CASE, a modelling - code generation tool for OpenACS
- Ernie: LORS - Learning Object repository for .LRN
- Surath: dotTeach a Teaching management system
- Aiman: Integration of dotLRN with Macromedia Collab. server
4-6pm How can openacs gain force in the Australian market?
- Joint funding opportunities (i.e. ARC, Consortium)
- Hosting support
- Consulting for large projects
6pm dinner. We will go to some Glebe/Newtown restaurant.
We will stream the afternoon seminars using Aiman's integration to Macromedia's communication server. If you are interested to join in on Friday 19th, 2pm Sydney time, please email aimant at ee dot usyd dot edu.au
We covered some interesting ground in the presentations, and it was also a bonus to be able to put faces to some of the names I've seen around here.
Here's hoping we can build a useful community of OACS developers here in Australia!
Might have been me who posted.
Happy to get together sometime.
mailto:email@example.com is easiest way to contact me.
I'm more a inexperienced user/forum lurker type, tho'.