Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Failure to connect to AOLServer from another PC

As far as I can tell, what you have found is really a workaround for inconsistent or missing domain name service... am I right?

Yes Jonathan, putting raw IP addresses in the config file like Walter originally suggested made a perfect workaround when my DNS config wasn't fit for fight and I wanted to reach the dev box from several local machines. I suggest that you keep the present default config settings in the RPM's you make...

The only thing is now that I have a working DNS (and have changed the hostname param to a proper name) I, once again, can't connect to my site (http://infogettable.net, please visit and play a game of backgammon!) from any host other than the web server itself!
This is due to (me thinks, because I read someting about it in the IP-Masquerading HOWTO) all of my (2) hosts beeing on the same network behind my IP-Chains/IP-Masquerading firewall.

Would this be fixed if I set up a DMZ (de-militarized zone) and put the web server on it? I mean, would I then be able to connect to my site from the other network or LAN?