Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: Might anyone like to design and build an e-mail centered forum enhancement?

Hi Bruce,

I'm always available for interesting programming problems 😊

First, might there be a way to answer a notification via email and so avoiding having to log on to the platform?

This has at least in theory been possible in OpenACS forums for some time.

Regarding your second question: Are you proposing that the whole forum thread would be sent by email always when a new response gets posted? Or just the specific message that is being responded to?

Anyway, that would be perfectly possible to implement using just a single additional package parameter.

Re Printing(1): That shouldn't be too hard with some CSS tweaking.

Second, what would it take to print out a selection of forum entries, in this case, an entry and its replies only.

I'm not quite sure what you mean but if that's not possible already, I'd say it wouldn't be too hard to implement either.

HI!

Thanks for the email!

Regarding your second question: Are you proposing that the whole forum
    thread would be sent by email always when a new response gets posted?
    Or just the specific message that is being responded to?
I'm speaking of just the specific message, everyone on the list can see a specific response to a specific forum entry.

Second, what would it take to print out a selection of forum
    entries, in this case, an entry and its replies only.
I'm speaking of printing out a specific entry and one or all of its replies in the event that we have a dozen entries but only one or a few have additional comments (so we don't have to print out the whole)

I'll now respond to Rocael's response.