Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Instructions on how to make your package support HTMLArea

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi folks,

Are there any objections to have the WYSIWYG function available as default, with a "simple" paramater function to turn it off. (instead of today's option to activate it,and having to go through this customisation under the hood)) it seems to me, from a userability standpoint, I can't expect many people to have a problem with that.

As a matter of fact, my latest client regards this as a pre-requisite, so it's to bad we have to manipulate the system to such an extend.

The curent parameter function seems to suck, as it frustates overall default editing functionality.

Thanks

Ben

I totally agree. Maybe we can add a link for an site wide administrator to the HTMLarea enabled widget for turning it off (for all / for this package).
There's a acs-templating parameter, UseHtmlAreaForRichtextP, which controls whether richtext widgets use the htmlArea.
Is this what you mean?
I know about the acs-templating parameter, but I would appreciate if I had the option to turn on/off HTMLarea like I can turn on/off the .LRN status bar (using a link), along with the possibility to to this package instance dependend (which introduces the need for storing package instance parameters that are defined site-wide and added to each package instance)