Forum .LRN Q&A: granting privileges to community relational segments

When a user joins a 'dotlrn_club' community type, they are put into one of two relational segments depending on the rel_type used.

If the rel_type is 'dotlrn_member_rel' then they are a member of the 'Members of XXX' relational segment. If the rel_type is 'dotlrn_admin_rel' then they are a member of the 'Admins of XXX' relational segment.

The members of a dotlrn_club do not have write permissions on the club calendar, only admins of the club have that.

I would like to give them this privilege without making them admins so I think I will have to grant 'forum_write' privilege to the 'Members of XXX' relational segment.

Where is the code to do this? I cannot find it.

Thanks.

You can grant specific privileges to particular group of people using permission UI that can be reached through the site-map (permissions link), in your site-map, find the dotlrn/ folder, and then dig until you find your club or class, and then, inside it you'll find the instances of different packages for that given class/club (including calendar instance), then you can set permissions for that given package instance to a group or user's.