Forum OpenACS Q&A: OpenACS Bug Bash, January 2005, West Coast USA

Hi,

Who is interested in attending a weekend bug bash somewhere on the west coast of the US?  If you are interested, how far would you travel?  If you don't want to travel, could you host?  A host must provide working space for 5-15 nerds, white boards, and a reliable internet connection.  I'm hoping to branch oacs-5-2 by the end of December and so we could focus on stabilizing for a 5.2 release.
Please post if you might attend or if you could host.  I'd like to fix a place and date early enough that people could book cheap tickets.  If we could get a European or other remote bug bash going over the same weekend, that would be great too!

Joel

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I'd love to come, especially as I have never been on the west coast, but I guess I have to skip this time and defer to the next meeting, hopefully not so far away (like summer?). Though I'd have to find a sponsor for the flight (or the dollar has to fall even further 😊).
Galileo can have a bug-bash at the same time as well =)
Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I'd be interested, especially if it is in Portland. I could possibly get up to the Seattle area if it was on a weekend. I'll be in New York until the 10th, so anytime after that would work for me, preferably on weekends.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
I'm in Portland, too, it would be fun to have one here.  Hosting is an issue, though, not sure where we could do it.

There are a couple of other OpenACS'ers here who might attend, too.

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I propose doing it at my house in North Portland, the weekend of January 22nd and the 23rd.

My house is close to the lightrail line (MAX), and has wireless access and enough room for 5-12 folks to show up. I don't have a whiteboard, but the internet is fairly reliable.

I'll send my address to anyone who's interested in attending, but I'm not going to post it here, even though you could probably find it fairly easily online :)

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
I could host one in Boston too (three blocks from South Station) on a Saturday and/or Sunday around the same time.

I have an industrial space with a fat microwave uplink and different forms of local networks. Room for around 10 people. Camping out for a night would also be an option for those that want to come from afar (heating works well).

If that is too scary sounding I am sure I could host it in my lab at the hospital ( http://blesius.org/gallery/photo?photo_id=1782 ) as well (can offer better coffee and more comfortable chairs there).

Interest? Send me an email (>5 and we are on). December 18/19?

Collapse
Posted by Carl Robert Blesius on
Correction (need to read more carefully): replace "December 18/19" with "January 22/23".
Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Someone mentioned that the weekend before Jan 15-16 is a 3 day weekend for some folks due to MLK day. This would make is much easier for me to attend an east coast bug bash.
Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
So far, I have heard from nobody about the possibility of having it here in Portland, at my house.
Collapse
Posted by Joel Aufrecht on
Call me tentative for Jan 22-23. Can we get anybody else to Portland besides me, Jade, and Don?
Collapse
Posted by Mike Sisk on
I might be in Portland around that time.

We're in the process of moving to Portland and we're suppose to close on the new house there on January 20th.

-Mike

Collapse
Posted by Kenneth Wyrick on
Caltek.net has space to host such a meeting. We are located less than a block from the metro sbc colo. We have hosted the http://lampsig.org monthly meetings and in the last 3 months have initiated a weekly training session which will deal with databases starting in January.

If anyone is interested please let me know. Caltek.net has taken on the monthly oacs meetups as well.

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I'm going to have a bug bash at my house this Saturday, from 12 - 4. Write me if you're interested in coming, and I'll send you directions.
Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
So far, I haven't gotten much response about the bug bash, so I'm cancelling it for today.
Seeing the blizzard (and .LRN board meeting) got in the way of my plans to host an OpenACS bug bash in January I am going to get one going this month:

https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message%5fid=265090