Forum OpenACS Development: Re: 0.1d of a reminder package

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Will the reminders be recurring? Now it looks like they'll just get one email in the future?
Collapse
Posted by Randy Kunkee on
The initial idea was that if somebody wanted multiple reminders, the requesting package would perform multiple reminder__new calls.  However, I think it would be nice to have that feature.  (This could get complicated - there are multiple reminders about a single event and reminders associated with a recurring event.)  Other ideas I have are:

- handle destination party ids that are groups of people and email everyone in the group.
- handle bounces and notify somebody if the email didn't make it.
- require positive feedback from the receiver and notify the caller if a confirmation isn't received within a certain period of time (perhaps leave it to the caller to handle the second part).
- add a sequence (perhaps reminder_id) that can be stored by the caller and used to update or delete the reminder (probably should do this one soon).
- maybe allow arbitrary actions other than email.  Perhaps this is going too far, i.e. at that point its like creating an 'at' command.
- provide some sort of message template to free packages of having to construct a message (not sure if this would really be useful).