Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to webmail thoughts

Collapse
Posted by Yon Derek on
Micheal, POP3Now looks like something I've been looking for however their webpage doesn't answer all of my questions. Would you be willing to share your experiences with POP3Now?

My questions:

• do they have filters aka. virtual folders, i.e. ability to move messages to different folders based on some criteria e.g., where does it come from, who sent it etc. Hotmail has very limited capabilities. POP3Now's webpage doesn't mention that.
  • can you turn off this big header at the top which shows in their screenshot (i.e., stock quotes and headlines)?
  • can you maintain "multiple personalities" i.e., setup different accounts, e.g., one personal, one for customer service of your company etc.
  • they assure "no ads" but have "advertise with us" program?
  • in general, how does it work. Is their server fast, any things that drive you crazy etc.? Is it designed to handle a lot of e-mails (e.g., for someone who subscribes to 10 mailing lists).
Anyone else is using this or similar service (either pop/imap account with great web front or just a web front to existing pop/imap account) willing to share experiences?