Forum OpenACS Q&A: Privileges error on Oracle 10g

Collapse
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Hi,

I'm installing the latest OpenACS (5.4.3) on an Oracle 10g database - it's my first OpenACS install in quite a while and I'm wondering has something changed in the installation process, as I'm seeing the following error.

create or replace view acs_object_type_supertype_map
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

I did the usual grants (connect ,resource, ctxapp, javasyspriv, query rewrite as per this page https://openacs.org/xowiki/openacs-subsystem-install ) to my new user. They should be enough, shouldn't they? I can work around this by granting whatever privs needed, but just thought I'd ask here first.

I wonder could it be a 10g thing?

Any suggestions?

thanks
Brian

Collapse
Posted by Dave Bauer on
Yes its something with 10g.

On my test instance I added

grant sysdba to the_user;
grant dba to the_user;
grant ctxapp to the_user;

This may or may not be the right thing for a production instance, but it works for my testing install.

Collapse
Hi Dave,

thanks for the reply! Yes, that was the workaround I mentioned. I can't quite figure why 10g needs that though. And as you say, far from ideal on a production system!

cheers
Brian

Collapse
Posted by Mario Aguado on
Hi Brian, I install openacs with:

grant connect,ctxapp,resource,javasyspriv, query rewrite,create view,create synonym to &&NOMBRE_USUARIO;

Resource has unlimited tablespace and other privs.

Collapse
Thanks Mario!

That sounds like the right solution. I've updated the Xowiki install notes.

many thanks
Brian

Collapse
Posted by Mario Aguado on
One thing more:
Dir packages/ref-timezones/sql/oracle/ must have write permission for group. It's for logs file of sqlloader.
Collapse
Gracias Mario! Very helpful.

Brian