Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to New OpenACS.org Preliminary Site Map has been Posted

Excellent work Talli and team!
a few questions/comments:
  1. If you are planning to use OpenACS 4, we are talking about implementing these changes not earlier than end of August. Is this right? maybe we can do something before then?
  2. I am not a usability expert, but since there is such a difference between the tech and not tech community, wouldn't it make sense to have a "role oriented" navigation? e.g. a top bar pointing to a "developers" a "businesses" instead of a general "community" section.
  3. fresh content in the home page is important and the "last postings" you propose is a great thing. The same with the rotative banners. How about adding a "developers" rotating banner? zope has the static one for digital creations.
  4. The list of OpenACS sites should be improved, the sites could maybe be classified by industry, and other info sucha as a description and traffic should be provided wherever possible.
  5. when you talk about the "What is.." section, I don't think we should try to have that many links, specially not to the forums. I would start with the 100 words description you talked about and then list the ways the toolkit ads value to companies/users/developers and finally a list links explaining the packages, whitepapers for businesses and straight links to the /doc of the package for developers. This list is already too long...