Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to ERROR: parser: parse erroro at or near ")"

Collapse
Posted by Hans Gaasenbeek on
The situation is as follows: Until now, I restarted the whole server with "reboot". (I had not even read about the clean way to stop or restart PostgreSQL). At some unlucky moment, I decided to change nsd.tcl so that passwords would be encrypted. I thought that in order to make the change work I should restart both AOls and Postgres, and so I did... using Ctrl-C in both virtual consoles where these were running, and restarting. From that moment on, nobody was able to access their homepages or intranet, or even to log in. It appeared that passwords were changed, and after asking the server to email those it was able to log in again, but homepages and all intranet pages (i.e. all pages with /intranet/....) were inaccessible.

Don, your suggestion (and question) is helpful but I do not know how to find out which QUERY it is that PG has problems with.

To ask how I could get to know this is, IMO, something to be cathegorized as a *RTFM*-question (I should find out for myself, taking a bit of time), but my friends here insist I should ask. (I'm afraid a couple more of those questions would damage my (not too clever) reputation even more 😊

Still, we have no time to lose now so I ask anyone with a lot of compassion to tell me how to find out what kind of query it is that causes the above error message and what to do about it.