Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Priorities, Roles, and the future of OpenACS

I won't show up and try to yank "vision control" from his hands and place it into a steering committee elected by his user community.

I'm just not the kind of person that would ever steal control of a project from its founder.

Have you or any of Jerry's fans thought about just how shitty it feels to have to deal with bullshit attempts to screw up this organization at the most crucial point in its short life thus far?

I can see where you're coming from because it sounds an awful lot like, "Instead of going through Don et. al. let's go through this committee instead." But that would just be stupid; since when are committees fast moving? I don't think Jerry is stupid.

I guess at this point I'm beating a dead horse, but I read Jerry's proposal as, "here's some things I'd like to see the OpenACS leadership address that aren't being addressed, and here's one way to bring other people into 'official' positions where they can help." Explicit delegation, if you will, rather than the more darwinian "meritocracy" we are operating under.

Me, I prefer the meritocracy approach. But was this a mad power grab? I just don't see it that way.