Forum OpenACS Q&A: Articles about (Open)ACS

Collapse
21: Articles about (Open)ACS (response to 1)
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I have not read the article myself, so no clue. But if it is about KM within Siemens, then it is most likely the ShareNet project, as this one even won an award. And yes, it is based on ACS TCL. Other publications I know of are mostly in Germany (Linux Magazin, Linux Enterprise, Manager Magazin, some interviews with the new german CEO and myself appeared in various places). So, press has at least heard about it. Marketing for KM and ACS has been done on the Linuxday and we are looking at some more options to market ACS and flavours over here. Well, could Tally open the press module and make it possible to post press releases and book contributions there?

Furhermore I found some interesting Articles related to OpenACS at knowledgegarden.org. Well, maybe we should put a link from OpenACS to those articles (or even better post them at OpenACS.org business bboard which hopefully will be created). Any other, or do I need to run through google to get a list?

Oh yeah, I hear so many people talking about actively running sites with OpenACS. How about success stories. If you don't want to write them, ask your customer. If he does not, I think we can find people in the community who will. And remeber, this is also marketing for yourself, if we put success stories at OpenACS which you helped create.

Sorry for not just answering Don's question, but it seems I'm in a talkative mood today 😉