Forum OpenACS Q&A: Simple bug fixes on OpenACS 4.x CMS modules

Hi,

Sorry guys I really dont know if I should use the SDM for this.  This
are just typos but major ones since it make your OpenACS 4.x site fail.

one file packages/cms/tcl/form-procs-oracle.xql

on line 199: change  <fullquery> to </fullquery>

this will close properly the xml tag.

on line 291: change  </querytex> to </querytext>

a typo here.

This based on nightly build 8/2/2001.

I hope someone puts this on the CVS tree.  Anyway is there a way for
me to get write access / non anon CVS access?

Jun

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
We're not allowing general write access to the tree.  Since we're all a bunch of strangers who all just started working together earlier this year (other than a small core group who've been together somewhat longer) we've taken a conservative approach to handing out
cvs commit access.

We let folks who have signed up to port a package have commit access to that part of the tree.  In this way they have some control over their assigned piece of the project.

Since OpenACS 4 isn't released yet, we're still taking an informal approach to bug fixes.  We haven't even made a release yet, after all!

Despite this, packages marked as "PORTED" should have problems
reported in the SDM.

Hmmm...package owners should sign up for e-mail alerts if they haven't  already.  That includes me, doesn't it? :)

On the other hand, the CMS hasn't been marked as "PORTED" yet, so we know it is still unfinished/broken.  There's not much point in reporting porting problems to the SDM.  Posting such problems here is OK but clutters the bboard with stuff that most folks won't be interested in.

Privately e-mailing the developer is probably the best thing to do.  Roberto Mello and Dan Wickstrom are porting the CMS package (check the status sheet reachable from https://openacs.org/) so just e-mail them with your changes in the future.