Forum OpenACS Development: Quick plpgsql error

Collapse
Posted by Jack Purswani on
Hi folks Just a very quick question. What does this error message actually mean? I mean what is special about a 'plpgsql' error?
psql:wp-slim-drop1.sql:49: NOTICE:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of
content_folder__unregister_cont near line 35
psql:wp-slim-drop1.sql:49: ERROR:  parse error at or near ";"
Sorry if this is a basic question. Its just that I have a number of these errors in my datamodel drop file and I cannot find anything wrong with the sections involved. Thanks again, you guys are a great help. Jack
Collapse
Posted by Yon Derek on
Not that I'm an expert, but I think it tells you that the 'PL/pgSQL' code (i.e., the languange in which all the procedures in *.sql files are written) is syntactially incorrect, which is rather bad. You should take a look at this wp-slim-drop1.sql file near line 35 and figure out why this code is incorrect (maybe it has not been ported from Oracle yet?).
Collapse
Posted by Jack Purswani on
I was actually thinking along the same lines... only I thought that the error statement was saying that the error occured whilst it was trying to compile 'content_folder__unregister_cont'.

The reson I say this is that I am currently porting the wp-slim package. And the package uses the acs-content-repository, of which content_folder is part of. The area where this error occurs tries to call the content_folder function.

I really am not sure. Any ideas?

jack

Collapse
Posted by Yon Derek on
It says what you think it says: it tries to compile wp-slim-drop1.sql but cannot because the code in it is not syntactically correct.

Your response suggest that you think that content_folder__unregister_cont defined in acs-content-repository is incorrect (which is one way of reading the error message) but what I think the error means to says is that there is a problem compiling wp-slim-drop1.sql somewhere between lines 35-49 and it involves the place where content_folder__unregistered_cont is used.

The code is not in CVS so that's all that I can tell you. My guess is that the call to content_folder__unregistered_cont is incorrect. Compare with how it is called in other places where it has been ported to postgres.

Or you could post the code and maybe some more experienced porters would figure it out.