Forum OpenACS Q&A: It works, but...

Collapse
3: It works, but... (response to 1)
Posted by Hans Gaasenbeek on
Well, after all my first plan wasn't as stupid as I thought 😉) I now know why the data-model would not load: I uncommented the wrong lines regarding rpm or other in 'postgres.sql' before running load-data-model. (Well, it was late...)
So now it works. But... there are still two issues:

1. The rpm installation makes it possible to automatically load postgresql and aolserver at startup easily (chkconfig aolserver on, chkconfig postgresql on). How can I do the same for my second instance? Should I follow the same strategy as is recorded in the docs for the 'normal' installation (something like as:1234 respawn etc.)or does the 'chkconfig' command provide another possibility?

Simply doing

# chkconfig add nsd -t /etc/aolserver/acs1.tcl -u nsadmin -g nsadmin

gives this result:
-t: unknown option

2. I have only one IP for this machine, so I should be using 'nssock' or 'nsunix' if I don't want to have urls with port numbers, which, reportedly, are features of Aolserver for port-redirection (I have not found a howto so far, or even a download).

For expample, a box which has two domains, www.foobar.com and acs1.foobar.com. The first instance runs at www.foobar.com:80, the second at acs1.foobar.com:8000. Someone types acs1.foobar.com in his browser, and the request for acs1.foobar.com:8000 could actually come in at port 80 of but will be forwarded (by a third instance of AOLServer)to port 8000. Has anyone experience with this?