Forum .LRN Q&A: dotLRN 2.1 Final Installation

Collapse
Posted by emillio e on
hi,

Downloaded and installed the newly available dotLRN 2.1 Final (Tarball). Encountered the followings:

1. Initial installation went smooth without any errors
2. After 1st time login and user registration for dotLRN, I can only view the Control Panel TAB with the following msgs:

Permission Denied
You don't have permission to portal_read_portal .

3. Restart AOLsvr then OK, i can view My Space tab, etc..

Anybody else encountered this?

4. Also the followings are missing from Manage Membership Page

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'dotlrn.Remove_all' members
MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'dotlrn.Remove_all' Administrators

Cheers..

Collapse
Posted by emillio e on
The followings are also missing from Manage Membership Page (Class)

MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'dotlrn.Remove_all' Students
MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'dotlrn.Remove_all' Course Assistants
MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'dotlrn.Remove_all' Teaching Assistants
MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'dotlrn.Remove_all' Professors
MESSAGE KEY MISSING: 'dotlrn.Remove_all' Course Administrators

Collapse
Posted by Tracy Adams on
2. After 1st time login and user registration for dotLRN, I can only view the Control Panel TAB with the following msgs:

>Permission Denied
>You don't have permission to portal_read_portal .

Yes, dotlrn 2.1 final is not yet released. I just put it up so some testers could get to it. We need to get this fixed before the official release.

Tracy

Collapse
Posted by Teng Lanzhi on
Hi, there!

Is anything wrong with http://www.openacs.org/projects/dotlrn/dotlrn-doc/
I have downloaded dotLRN 2.1 and I am meaning to have a look at the installation instruction and other revelant documents. Would anyone please have a look at the web page? Many thanks.

Teng

Collapse
Posted by Samer Abukhait on
I had this same problem also

I installed dotLRN 2.1.0 Final on PG 7.4.6 without any error.

The first admin user did not have permission to portal_read_portal and also he couldn't customize layout before the first server restart.

One more problem I encountered so far is that i couldn't delete a survey, the server gives:

Database operation "0or1row" failed (exception NSDB, "Query was not a statement returning rows.")

Collapse
Posted by Teng Lanzhi on
I got the documents now. Thanks.
Collapse
Posted by Deds Castillo on
>2. After 1st time login and user registration for dotLRN, I can only view the Control Panel TAB with the following msgs:

>>Permission Denied
>>You don't have permission to portal_read_portal .

Yes, dotlrn 2.1 final is not yet released. I just put it up so some testers could get to it. We need to get this fixed before the official release.

I committed a fix to this but can't comment on the bug tracker so I'm posting here.

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
I also had some errors installing dotlrn 2.1 from oacs-5-1 branch:

Reference Data - Timezone 5.1.3 is called twice:

1. Time

Loading data file /var/lib/aolserver/unima0/packages/ref-timezones/sql/postgresql/01-timezone-rules.ctl...
Failed to install Reference Data - Timezone, version 5.1.3. The following error was generated:

psql:/tmp/psql-copyfile-21H9VY:1: ERROR: copy: line 1, Bad boolean external representation 'f
'
psql:/tmp/psql-copyfile-21H9VY:1: lost synchronization with server, resetting connection

2. Time:
Loading data model /var/lib/aolserver/unima0/packages/ref-timezones/sql/postgresql/ref-timezones-create.sql...
Failed to install Reference Data - Timezone, version 5.1.3. The following error was generated:

psql:ref-timezones-create.sql:59: ERROR: Relation 'timezone_seq' already exists
psql:ref-timezones-create.sql:70: ERROR: Relation 'timezones' already exists
psql:ref-timezones-create.sql:80: WARNING: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function acs_reference__new
psql:ref-timezones-create.sql:80: WARNING: line 63 at SQL statement
psql:ref-timezones-create.sql:80: ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index arr_table_name_uq
psql:ref-timezones-create.sql:103: ERROR: Relation 'timezone_rules' already exists
psql:ref-timezones-create.sql:105: ERROR: relation named "timezone_rules_idx1" already exists
psql:ref-timezones-create.sql:106: ERROR: relation named "timezone_rules_idx2" already exists

Any idea?

Greetings,
Nima

Collapse
Posted by Nima Mazloumi on
Another strange behavior is that using the APM to install lors, lorsm... will imediately say that the packages were installed successfully but actually nothing happens.