Forum OpenACS Q&A: Fail in Recovering Password

Collapse
Posted by David Crespo on
Hi all,

I'm from Spain and I have used OpenACS for implementing a "Virtual City" for Volunteers and Disadvantaged People (you can visit us at www.ciudadbipbip.org), yes, it's OpenACS. And yeah, it's similar to Springfield 😉

I have a problem that will probably be easy for most of you. When I try to recover the password, it fails. What happens is that I do not receive any email. I have tried looking several functions, but I cannot find.

In [auth::password::reset] it is said:

password: The new, automatically generated password. If no password is included in the return array, that means the new password has already been sent to the user somehow. If it is returned, it means that caller is responsible for informing the user of his/her new password.

When I recover the array, in effect, the password element is blank. So I suppose it should have been sent. But I don't understand what the word "somehow" exactly means. Because I don't receive the email.

In the general parameters "EmailForgottenPasswordP" is set to 1.

Please can you give me a hint? I am relatively new in this and any advice would be very useful for me.

Thanks

David

Collapse
Posted by Jade Rubick on
Are you sure that your outgoing email is working?
Collapse
Posted by David Crespo on
Thanks Jade,

I have found the problem. It seems that there was an error in the authentication module for the version I downloaded.

David