Forum OpenACS Development: Re: AOLserver 4 Setup

Collapse
11: Re: AOLserver 4 Setup (response to 1)
Posted by William Painter on
New to the list here so please bear with me.

Setting up the aol server on FC3 core. Postgresql installed as an rpm. I removed the tcl rpm and manually installed it with threads enabled. Compiled the aol server but I am having trouble with the modules.

nspostgres: Here is my error...

sudo make install POSTGRES=/var/lib/pgsql ACS=1
/bin/rm -f nspostgres.so
gcc -pipe -shared -nostartfiles -L../nsthread -L../nsd -o nspostgres.so nspostgres.o -L/var/lib/pgsql/lib -lpq -lnsdb -lnsthread -lnsd -L/usr/local/lib -ltcl8.4 -ldl -lpthread -lieee -lm -lz -lgcc_s -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/aolserver/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lnsdb
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [nspostgres.so] Error 1

psql is located in /var/lib/pgsql I think. I took a look at the Makefile but I can't tell much that I need to change. I have followed Malte's instructions (https://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=139390).

I also seem to have trouble with paths on the other modules. aol server src is at /usr/local/src/aolserver-4.0.9/ and the modules, obtained by cvs, are located in directories under that. For example:

nsrewrite]# sudo make install
../aolserver/include/Makefile.module:108: /include/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/include/Makefile.global'. Stop.

I have played with INST=/usr/local/src/aolserver-4.0.9 but with the same problem:

nsrewrite]# sudo make install INST=/usr/local/src/aolserver-4.0.9
/usr/local/src/aolserver-4.0.9/include/Makefile.module:108: /include/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/include/Makefile.global'. Stop.

I can confirm that /usr/local/src/aolserver-4.0.9/include/ holds Makefile.global

I would greatly appreciate any ideas on the matter.

-William Painter