Forum OpenACS Development: Re: Re: BSD installer: FreeBSD port

Collapse
Posted by xx xx on
Brian:

Great to hear it worked at first. Too bad it broke.

1. Correct .profile as described in my response to T.K. above (I'll have to update the port)

2. I didn't include openssl yet. To install type:
# to search
cd /usr/ports
make search name=openssl
# or direct
cd /usr/ports/security/openssl
make install
# and good luck :)

3. BTW, don't edit daemontools/run in place always copy to run.new, then edit file run.new and copy it back to run. Try (if you have rebooted at least once):
# bring down
svc -d /service/service0
# start daemontools
svc -u /service/service0

4. find out if there is a permissioning problem.
ls -al /usr/local/aolserver
chown -R root:wheel /usr/local/aolserver

ls -al /var/lib/aolserver/service0/etc/
chmod -R 755 /var/lib/aolserver/service0/etc/daemontools
chmod -R 755 /service/service0

5. I'm not sure about the shared object thing. There are several options.

# A. This will probably help you out one time. I would think it should work after a reboot
# but actually it doesn't keep the information.....
/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/aolserver/lib

# B. Then there is libman.conf which you probably can create. But it isn't on my system.
man libman.conf

# C. What does work is changing rc.conf
# Default values are set in /etc/defaults/rc.conf but you can override them in /etc/rc.conf
ee /etc/rc.conf
   # add
   ldconfig_paths="/usr/lib/compat /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/local/aolserver/lib"
# reboot
shutdown -r now

# D. The best option may be to add the lib directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATHS
# in .profile of your users (if it works for you too).
ee ~/.profile
   #add
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/pgsql/lib:/usr/local/aolserver/lib
#..re-login..

# E. You can even link them statically with "ln -s", once you have discovered what is wrong:
/usr/bin/ldd /usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsd

What is is right and what is wrong? The easiest seems to be the .profile option. Tell me if that works for you. Good luck.

Collapse
Posted by T.K. kang on
Thanks for the detail instruction. Trying to digest what I have to do as I am not really a very technical person. I am stuck with FreeBSD 4.10 as I could not get 5.3 running on my computer - whatever reason. All things seems to install O.K. but aolserver not loaded automatically on reboot.

Perhaps I should wait for whatever to be updated in your port to give it a new try. Appreciate if you could give it a go with the 4.10

Thanks and I really appreciate the assistance here. Too bad I am less technical compared to Brian who is now a happy person!!

A Merry Christmas to you.