Forum OpenACS Development: references timezones

Collapse
Posted by Charles Mok on
Hi, I'm porting the calendar package. One of my table in the data-model have a references to "timezones" (Oracle Version), and i'm not sure where I can find this table??
create table cal_party_prefs (

time_zone   integer

constraint cal_pty_prefs_time_zone_fk

references timezones

on delete cascade,

-- which day to start the week, monday or sunday

};
psql:cal-table-create.sql:82: ERROR: Relation 'timezones' does not exist Thanks for the help Charles
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Jon Griffin is in the process of making this available in the acs-reference package.  He hasn't gotten it bundled up yet.

Also, I tried e-mailing you folks to tell you that your commit of calendar changes was missing some files, but your mail server seems to not always be available.  At least 50% of my mail messages to you come back with a "FATAL - couldn't deliver, the server was unavailable for a really long time, we give up" style error messages.

The missing files were .xql files in calendar/www/admin.

Collapse
Posted by Arjun Sanyal on
I asked Jon Griffin (mailto:jon@jongriffin.com), the acs-reference porter, this a few days ago by email. He said that he had seperated timezones out of acs-reference b/c of its size. Jon's also improving it, but I don't know the details. It is currently checked in CVS at /openacs-4/packages/timezones, but I don't think it will help you in its current state.

I believe you can just comment this reference out for a quick workaround to your problem since it appears that the table is referenced in the calendar data model but never used.

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Hmmm...it is there, I missed it because the other pieces he's split up
are all called "ref-*" and timezones isn't.  Which probably means it's
not quite ready.

I've been hacking on the PG portion of acs-reference and it now loads up and runs the index page no problemo...but I've not commited my changes yet.  I will later today or early tomorrow.

Collapse
Posted by Jonathan Marsden on
Don, it would be good to get all these new packages into the appropriate table in your status document, too, so that their owner and their state can be easily discovered.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Don't worry ... they just got created recently and I only realized it yesterday!  The data had been merged in with acs-reference ...