Forum OpenACS Development: Alpha Released?

Collapse
Posted by Gilbert Wong on
What is the status of the alpha? Has it been released yet or are we
waiting for some core packages to be ported?  Thanks.
Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Not quite there yet.  I need to do some more digging around but still plan to put together something on Monday or Tuesday.

BTW - I'm committing changes to acs-reference and the various ref-* packages so you can use those packages rather than the old geotable stuff you're loading in e-commerce.  No need to switch over right now, but I think it may just involved getting rid of the e-commerce kludge to load the data and to add dependencies to the new packages - the data tables even have the same name, I think.

This first release will be a "pre-alpha test" release for Simon and gang to beat upon.

The major thing I need to do before rolling out a release is to step through and see exactly what works for PG and for Oracle.  We now have
pieces that work for PG but not Oracle (acs-service-contract) for instance.  We'll have enough pieces for testing to begin but we're going to have to bear down and grunt out more in the next couple of weeks.

I personally will have a lot more time available to do so ...

Collapse
Posted by Gilbert Wong on
Don, sounds good.  I'll start adding support for acs-references in the ecommerce package.