Forum OpenACS Q&A: Response to Jabber Client for AOLserver

Collapse
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi Folks, In my search for alternatives to upgrade chat I came across this package.. freewebphone Freewebfone for Windows combines web video phone, chat, voice & video mail into a single program. It supports H.263 for video and GSM, ADPCM, and LPC10 for audio. A FREE Internet User Location Service is provided for all Freewebfone users. Users can make web phone calls as easy as normal phone calls. User Location Service also supports popular online features such as Buddy List, Instant Alert, Online Chat, Invisible Mode. Web broadcasting service is also available. Freewebfone is a Cross-Platform software and is currently available on Windows, Linux, and Macintosh. Users can now make web phone calls or send video/voice mail across these most popular platforms.

Now given my limited technical knowledge, I may be trying to compare apples to pears, but I was wondering if it would be feasible to use something like this to spice up the current rather pathetic acs chat as you in dictated earlier. As you will see there is a "mini jabber" application, that might make life easier

Look forward to hear from you