Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: End-User Documentation

Collapse
3: Re: End-User Documentation (response to 1)
Posted by Ben Koot on
Hi Romas,

To a certain extend I think I understand your comments. There is great example of how etp could be presented. http://www.editme.com/ . However the more I use ETP the more I get the the idea it offers the same functionality, apart from the html security constraints in a default OACS installation.
If ETP would be presented with the default WSYWYG function in place that would make a huge difference IMO.

A major problem (I would rather call it a challenge) with a toolkit is that you are presented with a blank system, and it's up to your own imagination to create something that will work for you. Trying to find your bearings between functions can indeed be confusing and should be made more userfriendly. A presentation of how people use ETP might make a difference.

The default settings with al graphics turned of don't realy help, because whatever you try you will end up with an error message, but that's not a constraint caused by ETP. The reasons are valid, but you only find the explanation by searching the forum. I guess Malte, who raised this issue earlier and others will find an answer to this somehow.

Smart usage of the clipboard function in photodatabase however could solve some concerns in this respect.

We might however learn a few things form UI/presentation the editme guys created.

Cheers
Ben