Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: Sysadmin meeting at Valencia

Collapse
Posted by Héctor Romojaro on
Hi Stefan and all,

The main purpose of the sysadmin meeting is to meet each others and share some knowledge that is not in the forums right now, talk about our common problems and solutions for them, all in an informal way.

A lot of this common problems are related to the use of aolserver. and I think that the posibility of an apache|naviserver future migration is an interesting topic to discuss. Aolserver seems to be low maintained, specially some of the modules (last commit on nsopenssl was on 2006, and the last one on nsldap and nscache is 5 years old). Openacs is fully dependant on aolserver, and this can take us into problems in the future.

About the topics you are pointing out, it would be great that we could talk about all of them too. They seem really useful to me, and can be achieved in a short period of time :)

It's a pity that you will not be in Valencia to talk about all this things while having a beer 😉

Cheers, Hector

Collapse
Posted by Don Baccus on
Actually, the lack of development of stable bits of code doesn't bother me in the least.

The problem is misguided, poorly thought out, undocumented changes to the code that in the past have been undertaken without public discussion, or even public notification.

And an attitude on the part of the guy who thinks he "owns" AOLserver, and there he can do whatever he wants without regard for the community.

I still use 4.0 not 4.5.