Forum OpenACS Development: Emacs Extensions

Collapse
Posted by Malte Sussdorff on
I was wondering if Bartt's emacs extensions for openacs are available somewhere now that his site is down. Maybe it is possible to make them available on the OpenACS CVS? Or maybe they are already there but I could not find them ?
Collapse
2: Re: Emacs Extensions (response to 1)
Posted by Jade Rubick on
I love the idea of including them in the OpenACS distribution.

Malte, have you emailed him? He'll have the most recent version, and if not, I have an older version of it...

Collapse
Posted by Bart Teeuwisse on
Malte,

Emacs OACS will continue to see development. I'm in the process of re-creating http://www.thecodemill.biz.

For starters I'll make the tarballs available shortly. Next I'll publish a new GNU Arch archive of Emacs OACS.

Adding Emacs OACS to the OpenACS CVS is a possibility. However, I would want it to be a read only version. Having chosen GNU Arch as my revision control system I'm not in favor of going back to CVS.

/Bart

Collapse
Hi Bart,

this is good news, looking forward to get my hands on it. As for the repository, I think your's should be the default one, but for backup purposes and easier retrieval I think a copy in the OpenACS CVS is useful.

Collapse
6: Arch for Emacs OACS (response to 3)
Posted by Andrew Piskorski on
Bart, perhaps you could simply host your Arch repository on openacs.org?
Collapse
7: Re: Arch for Emacs OACS (response to 6)
Andrew,

it would be easier to setup a new Arch repository on thecodemill.biz. Give me another week or so.

/Bart

Collapse
5: Re: Emacs Extensions (response to 1)
A tarball of the latest Emacs OACS package is available from http://www.thecodemill.biz/repository/oacs.tgz.

/Bart

Collapse
8: Re: Emacs Extensions (response to 1)
Is there a documentation on how to make best use of the extensions, like a list of commands ?
Collapse
9: Re: Re: Emacs Extensions (response to 8)
Malte,

check the OACS menu option.

/Bart

Collapse
Bart, sadly I'm unable to put meaning into your words. Would you be so kind to tell me where I shall check the OACS menu option (I do assume in emacs) and how I shall access said option (Meta-X gives me a couple of oacs- items including an oacs-mode, but no OACS menu option). TIA
Collapse
11: Re: Emacs Extensions (response to 1)
Posted by Randy O'Meara on
Malte,

Create a new file (^x^f) with extension .tcl and OACS menu should appear as you are prompted for descriptive text that gets automatically inserted in a standard generated ad_page_contract header.

Open an adp file and the menu also appears.

Randy