Forum .LRN Q&A: Re: live demo of dotTeach

Collapse
9: Re: live demo of dotTeach (response to 1)
Posted by xx xx on
Is dotTeach a package that could be added to dotLRN one day or am I missing the point and is its implementation broader?

My first impression (from your docs) is that dotTeach is a documentation (outline) package for courses. It is meant to communicate the purpose of a course to students in a structured manner.

Probably, it's more than just documentation and can be used for more than just courses.

Collapse
Posted by Jon Suen on
Hi,

Yes, dotTeach is a package used for streamlining the process of adding course information for subjects, to be used in a number of areas across a Faculty.
It should allow for communication of this information to students (external visitors), and as well as amongst course coordinators, by way of reporting tools developed so that information can be shared between these coordinators and administrators.

It is designed to be more than a documentation package, as it currently is used in conjunction with a stateful workflow process, uses content repositories of information (in parts) and also tools that are more application-specific (such as email forms, and graduate attribute reports). I guess this could be demonstrated easier on the server site (above), which you are more than welcome to test out.

I am not entirely sure about the implementation border for dotTeach, though.

Cheers,

Jon