Forum OpenACS Q&A: Forum Formatting...

Collapse
Posted by qasim virjee on
Hey All,

On the openACS 5 installation I have running, my users can't choose a Format in their forum posts - how can I turn this on for them?

Cheers,

Q./

Collapse
2: Re: Forum Formatting... (response to 1)
Wow, these forums are pretty slow eh? Anyone have any ideas about this form posting idea? Also - is there a simple way to make all hyperlinks auto-linkable w/o inserting html code into posts?

q./

Collapse
3: Re: Forum Formatting... (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
The openacs forums package already formats https://openacs.org/ URLs as hyperlinks automatically.
Collapse
5: Re: Forum Formatting... (response to 1)
I thought that was the case Dav but the odd thing is that I igure its a feature of 'enhanced text' in the posting format options - which I can't see anywhere in my installed version!?

q./

Collapse
Posted by Nick Grossman on
Interesting. The auto-linking is a function of "Enhanced Text", correct?

I work with Qasim at PPS.org, and for some reason we've lost the Format: option for forum posts, and can't seem to get it back.

Could it have to do with the forums package upgrade that we did last week?

Collapse
6: Re: Forum Formatting... (response to 1)
Posted by Dave Bauer on
OpenACS.org is using the latest version of forums from the oacs-5-1 branch. In fact Jeff Davis just improved one of the queries to speed up display of forum threads in response to this thread.

On enhacned text, I am not sure what would cause the format box to not appear. What version of the forums package is installed according to the APM? Check /acs-admin/apm/ to find out.

Collapse
7: Re: Forum Formatting... (response to 1)
Posted by Nick Grossman on
Figured it out-

Apparently, enabling HTMLarea (as a site-wide parameter, I believe) has the effect of taking away the "Format:" box.

Walter McGinnis, who works with us, figured this out this morning and now everything's fine.

Thanks for the help,