Forum OpenACS Q&A: Re: E-commerce 'category-browse-subcategory.tcl'

Collapse
Posted by Richard Hamilton on
Some info on built-in key handling and therefore potentially useful in building double-click protected forms.

From the OpenACS ad_form documentation here:

https://openacs.org/api-doc/proc-view?proc=ad%5fform

"ad_form defines a "key" pseudotype. Only one element of type "key" is allowed per form, and it is assigned the integer datatype. Only keys which are generated from a database sequence are managed automatically by ad_form. If the sequence name is not specified, the sequence acs_object_id_seq is used to generate new keys. Examples:

my_key:key
    Define the key "my_key", assigning new values by calling acs_object_id_seq.nextval

my_key:key(some_sequence_name)
    Define the key "my_key", assigning new values by calling some_sequence_name.nextval"

AND

"Here's an example of a simple page implementing an add/edit form:

ad_page_contract {

Simple add/edit form

} {
        my_table_key:optional
    }

ad_form -name form_name -export {foo {bar none}} -form {

my_table_key:key(my_table_sequence)

{value:text(textarea)            {label "Enter text"}
                                          {html {rows 4 cols 50}}}
    } -select_query {
        select value from my_table where my_table_key = :my_table_key
    } -validate {
        {value
        {[string length $value] >= 3}
        "\"value\" must be a string containing three or more characters"
        }
    } -new_data {
        db_dml do_insert "
            insert into my_table
              (my_table_key, value)
            values
              (:key, :value)"
    } -edit_data {
        db_dml do_update "
            update my_table
            set value = :value
            where my_table_key = :key"
    } -after_submit {
        ad_returnredirect "somewhere"
        ad_script_abort
    }

In this example, ad_form will first check to see if "my_table_key" was passed to the script. If not, the database will be called to generate a new key value from "my_table_sequence" (the sequence name defaults to acs_object_id_seq). If defined, the query defined by "-select_query" will be used to fill the form elements with existing data (an error will be thrown if the query fails).

"

Collapse
Posted by Brian Fenton on
Great discussion guys! Very educational and informative.

I don't know if this is much use to you, but I find it useful to use Javascript to disable a submit/button after clicking. It's hard to double-click a button that's grayed out. Of course, the user may have Javascript disabled, but in this day and age, it's quite unlikely and anyway, they will probably have other problems too. 😊 Of course, it all depends on your accessibility requirements too.

Something like this should do it:

<input type="submit" name="pay" value=" Pay " onclick="this.disabled=true;document.myform.submit() >